Recommended for students who have completed Kindergarten through 4th grade, though readers of any grade level looking for reading practice are welcome to apply. Virtual Book Buddies is not a tutoring session, but an opportunity for kids to practice reading with confidence.
Please note that registering signs your reader up for all 4 weekly sessions: October 3rd, 10th, 17th, and 24th. If you cannot attend on a given week, please email Taylor Banze at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can plan accordingly.
The Fall series of the Book Buddies program will be hosted virtually on Monday evenings at 6:30 pm, as well as in person at the Middendorf-Kredell Branch on Thursdays.
You may sign up your reader for the virtual series and/or the in person series.
If you need accommodations for this class, please try to contact the Library immediately after registering.
Virtual: October 3rd, October 10th, October 17th, October 24th
In-Person at Middendorf-Kredell: October 6th, October 13th, October 20th, October 27th
- 6:00 - 6:25 pm: MK Book Buddies @ 6:00 pm
- 6:30 - 7:00 pm: MK Book Buddies @ 6:30 pm
Things Little Buddies need:
- Be available on the dates in the series that you signed up for.
- For safety and in case of technical issues, we ask an adult to be nearby during this program.
- Children need a device (computer or laptop, iPhone, Android phone, etc.) with Zoom downloaded AND a camera or webcam.
- Make sure you have reading materials for your child.
Do you have a teen who is interested in volunteering for Book Buddies? Click here to fill out the Teen Volunteer application!